Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pregnant...and looking it!

I am now 18 weeks pregnant...almost at the half-way mark! I was really nauseous at the beginning of this pregnancy, which was completely different from my first pregnancy with Myka. I was never sick when pregnant with Myka...in fact, I felt great the entire pregnancy...no sickness, exhaustion, etc. It was the ideal pregnancy!
Since this pregnancy started off so different, I was convinced this time it must be a BOY! Afterall, a sweet little princess would never make her momma sick...right?! Well, after I hit the 9-10th week, the sickness passed and I started feeling great again! Well, now everything is back to the same! I don't feel sick or tired...except for last night when Myka was up all night because she was sick! I was very tired then! =) However, overall, it feels like my first pregnancy again! So now, I really don't have an inclination of what I'm having! I've tried to find differences in the way I'm carrying this child and I just can't tell!
At first, when I started showing at 11 weeks...yes, I said 11 weeks!...I felt like I was carrying a little lower than I did with Myka. However, I have now rounded out and feel like I'm carrying this baby pretty high...just like with Myka! We find out the sex of the baby next Friday and I can't wait to know if we're having another little girl or if we are having a little boy this time! I am so ready to start buying either pink or blue! We tried to start looking for a name, but we got too overwhelmed looking at both boy and girl names, so we postponed that project until we find out. It was so easy to pick out Myka's name, because it was a family name with a special meaning, and I knew I wanted a child named after my dad! However, this child is much harder to name, because we're starting from scratch...and not particulary after anyone! I'm hoping once we find out the gender, it will make our baby name search easier! If you have any name suggestions that go good with our last name, I would love to hear! As you probably know with my daughter's name, I like unique names, but not so different they are made fun of! I just want to try to stay away from the most popular names...which is very difficult!
I'll let everyone know next week what we find out at the ultrasound! Until then...I'll keep driving myself crazy wondering!

No comments: