Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!
















Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year! I love spending the time with my family! This year, we started our Thanksgiving day at home. We all slept in and then when Myka woke up, we brought her into our room and had a lazy morning in bed playing and watching the Thanksgiving Day parade on TV! That was always a tradition for me to watch the parade with my Dad when I was a child, and we have decided to make it a tradition with our children as well! Myka loved watching all the big balloons floating down the streets! She kept pointing and she would get so excited! I loved it!

We then headed over to Nathan's parents' house for lunch! My mother-in-law cooked a delicious turkey meal with all the trimmings! We were joined by Nathan's brother and sister-in-law, as well as his grandparents. We just ate, watched football, and hung out all afternoon.

Later that afternoon, we headed over to my grandparents and joined my parents and sister's family. We enjoyed some dessert (and leftovers) and played games all evening...and of course, it's a family tradition to shop all the wonderful Thanksgiving ads and watch more football.

It was a great day! We got one picture at the Nelson's, but forgot to take all of our traditional family pictures before we left! I did get several pictures at my grandparents house, though! We had a great time and we are thankful to have all of our family so close! We are blessed!

No comments: