Friday, September 22, 2017

Is Jesus Really Coming Back Tomorrow?

I’m sure by now many of you have come across an article claiming that Jesus is coming back tomorrow, September 23, 2017!  There are many different articles floating around from those who believe tomorrow will be a significant day for believers.  However, for every article that I have seen proclaiming the significance of tomorrow, there are two more professing it’s all a conspiracy and nonsense.  So which is it?  Is the rapture really happening tomorrow?!

I am no expert on end times nor have I ever extensively studied the book of Revelation.  However, I have listened to preachers and teachers who have spent their lives studying end time events and Biblical prophecies.  Honestly, it fascinates me.  From what I have read in my Bible and from the limited information I have learned from respectable teachers and preachers…notice I said respectable, because there are plenty of loonies out there professing a false doctrine…here’s what I have gathered.  The Book of Revelations was written by John after Jesus ascended into heaven.  It is believed that after speaking with God the Father, Jesus revealed these things to John through the Holy Spirit, whom filled every believer at the time that Jesus departed this earth. 


 The Word of God says that no man knows the day or hour of Christ’s return but our Father in Heaven, not even the angels in heaven nor Jesus Himself.  “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father” Matthew 24:36.  Keep in mind, Jesus said this during His time here on earth.  I highly recommend you read the entire chapter for more information about that day.  Although it may not be possible to pinpoint the exact time Jesus will return, because of the revelations that Jesus made to John, we can very well know the season.  I don’t know of any respectable teachers of the Word that are confidently saying tomorrow is the day.  However, they are saying that tomorrow is a very significant day.  I won’t get into the details of that because honestly, much of it is way over my head.  I’ll leave that up to the experts.  All I know is as I listen to them connect the dots in scripture, it stirs an excitement inside of me as I begin to see the big picture and realize that we most certainly are living in the last days.  Instead of asking the question “IS the rapture going to be tomorrow?”, I think the better question is, “COULD the rapture be tomorrow!?”  The answer to that question is certainly YES!  Whether it’s tomorrow, next month, or years to come…the important thing is that we recognize that we are indeed seeing Biblical prophesies fulfilled and we need to be ready and watchful.  "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour” Matthew 25:13.  God revealed things to us in His Word to watch for and when we begin seeing those things fulfilled, that’s exciting!!! 

Because of all of the articles floating around this week, it really had me thinking.  As I began to consider all the things that God has revealed to us in His Word and making a mental checklist of all the things we have already seen fulfilled, I couldn’t help but wonder…what if the rapture really did happen tomorrow!  I don’t know if it will happen, but what I do know is that God loves each of us so much that He gave His Word and revealed to us warning signs of the times.  He didn’t have to do that, but He didn’t want any of us to be caught off guard and not be ready.  He doesn’t want anyone to miss out on his coming, so He gave us all the signs so that we would be ready and waiting for His return!  Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him” Hebrew 9:28.


All of these signs that will occur leading up to the rapture of the church have been fulfilled and there are even more I haven’t listed:
·      Nations are rising up against nations (Matt. 24:7)
·      We will hear of wars and rumors of wars (Matt. 24:6) …this situation with North Korea is certainly a sign of the times and then today Russia threatened to strike back.  Russia is mentioned in the Bible as an end time player so be watchful.
·      Men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, and unholy (2 Tim. 3:1-2)
·      False prophets will arise and mislead many (Matt. 24:11) …I can name a handful off the top of my head of those preaching a false doctrine.
·      Mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts (2 Peter 3:3)
·      Great earthquakes shall be in diverse places (Luke 21:11)
·      There will be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars (Luke 21:25) …the blood moons, solar eclipses, and tomorrows alignment of the stars and planets could be significant
·      The sea and the waves will roar (Luke 21:25) …It was brought to my attention today that the two hurricanes making landfall currently are named Maria and Jose…in English, these are the names of Jesus’ earthly parents, Mary and Joseph! 

I write all this to say…be ready friends.  I’m not saying He’s coming back tomorrow, but if so all the warnings were there.  If not, we still have all the warnings that it will be soon.  As I started my day today, I couldn’t help but think what it would be like tomorrow if Jesus does come again.  We know from the Bible that at least half of us will remain.  “I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left.  Two women will be grinding grain together.  One will be taken and the other left” Luke 17:34-35.  I would imagine there will be many people who are fearful when that day does come and they realize they have been left behind.  Where will they turn for answers?  Would they run to the nearest church and begin reading whatever they could get their hands on until they found the answer?  Would they run to their neighbor’s house whom they knew was a believer?  Maybe they would run to the nearest book store and buy a Bible hoping to find an answer.  I found myself wanting to prepare my home today just in case.  What if someone comes to my home looking for answers.  Should I leave my Bible out on the table and have it opened to key verses?  Should I write a letter and leave it tucked inside my Bible?

Someday I will make my departure from this earth…whether it’s through death or the rapture.  Even though death is still far from now, I have already begun to make preparations to help those I leave behind.  I want to be prepared and have everything in order when that time comes.  As I began to think about the rapture of the church, it really had me thinking…shouldn’t we do the same for those we leave behind then?  My prayer is that all of us would be taken in the rapture, but unfortunately that just isn’t so.  The thought of any of my friends, family, strangers, or acquaintances being left behind, just grieves my heart.  I began imagining the panic that everyone must feel.  And then, I began to think of the hard times they would all endure during the tribulation.  I began to think of the questions they may have and as I started to think of all of this, it stirred me to sit down and write this post.  What would I want those left behind to know when I’m gone, should the church be raptured in my lifetime?

First of all, there is still hope.  You still have one more chance.  Don’t wait, make things right with the Lord right away…right now.  The next 7 years will be very hard times and this time is referred to as the tribulation.  You can read all about the tribulation in the Bible, in the book of Revelations.  During this time, the antichrist will appear and a great world war will begin.  There will be famine and inflation due to the war.  One fourth of all the people and living creatures will die as a result of the war.  There will be a mighty earthquake like never before.  All of this will occur in the first quarter of the tribulation.  People will be required to display the mark of the beast in order to hold a job and buy things…DO NOT TAKE THE MARK OF THE BEAST!  To take the mark is to reject Christ.  There will be even more death and destruction in the later years of the tribulation because of God’s judgement on the earth.  If you couldn’t follow Christ in these days leading to the rapture, it will be even harder to follow him now because there will be great persecution.  Many of those who choose to follow Him will be killed.  Will you deny Him once again?  Please don’t!  To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord when you are a believer.  Christians don’t have to fear death because we know where our future will be.  Stand strong and pray the sinner’s prayer.  He has given you one more chance.  After the 7-year tribulation, all those who don’t believe in Jesus will be thrown into the lake of fire for eternity.  No more chances.  God loves each of you so much that He sent His one and only Son, Jesus, to save the world.  As much as He wants you there, it would pollute the very goodness of Heaven and go against God’s nature to allow any sin, wickedness, corruption, or anything bad into heaven.  That’s why at His final judgement He will throw all those who refused to believe in Him into the lake of fire because their sins were never washed clean.  He loves us too much to pollute the goodness of heaven!  It’s going to be an amazing place.  Our minds can’t even fathom the beauty or goodness that awaits us there. 

My prayer is that all would come to know Jesus before the rapture because life during the tribulation is not going to be pleasant.  It’s never a bad idea to take time to reflect and ask yourself the question: If Jesus returned tomorrow, would I be ready?  If you can’t answer that question with confidence, do me a favor and pray this prayer.  It’s that simple.  You just have to confess and believe. 

"Dear God,
I know I’m a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness.
I believe Jesus Christ is Your Son. I believe that He died
for my sin and that you raised Him to life.
I want to trust Him as my Savior and follow Him as Lord,
from this day forward. Guide my life and help me to do your will.
I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen."

If you prayed that prayer and truly meant it, you are ready for that day when Jesus returns.  There is no need to be fearful about it.  It’s exciting times for a believer friends!  We are seeing scripture being fulfilled and whether it’s today, tomorrow, or years from now, we are nearing that day when we will be standing in the presence of our Savior!  Now that’s something to look forward to!  The older I get, the more I long for that day!  There will come a day when there will be no more sadness, no more death, no more evil, and no more pain.  Oh, what a day that will be!  Come, Jesus, come!  I’m ready!  Are you?




No comments: